Friends Center seeks to provide a place for worship and business that is friendly, courteous, and expresses the core value of the Religious Society of Friends that there is that of God in every person. We ask those who use our space to treat one another and the physical space with reverence and respect. We also ask those who use the space to be mindful of the human impact on the natural environment and to take care to minimize their use of energy, water, and other resources.
Below is a listing of some specific expectations that follow from the paragraph above. It is not an exhaustive listing, but a suggestive one:
- All persons are to be treated with respect without regard to job title, age, gender, race, sexual orientation or any other way in which the human family is sometimes subdivided.
- For the well being of all, smoking is not permitted in Friends Center buildings, on Friends Center grounds, or within 20 feet of windows and doors into Friends Center.
- Alcohol, illegal drugs, and weapons are not permitted in the building.
- All users of Friends Center are asked to be mindful of the childcare center on site and to be attentive to the safety of the children.
- Remember that we have an open office plan and minimize voices and other sounds when you are in a workspace. Also, please be respectful of the possessions of others in open workstations.
- When using the kitchens, restrooms, shower rooms, or any other space please leave them clean and orderly for the next users.
- Bicycles and other equipment are to be stored only in designated spaces.
- If you observe a condition which appears unsafe or requires repair, please report it to the front desk.
- Please be considerate of the front desk staff and exit the building before the posted closing time for that day (usually 10:00 p.m. Monday through Friday and 5:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday).
- If you are in the building past 6:00 p.m. please either sign in at the front desk or dial 0 and ask the desk worker to sign you in. That way they will look for you before locking the building. About once a year someone who wasn’t signed in gets locked in at closing time.
- When notified that a package has been delivered for you, please pick it up promptly from the front desk.
- Tenants and visitors are permitted to park in the loading area outside regular business hours (after 5:00 and on weekends). This is a cooperative endeavor and requires that we be attentive to the needs of others. Please pull your car forward in the parking area so as to make room for other cars. Do not park at the top blocking parking spaces below. Understand that you may be asked to move your car to let someone else out. If you are attending a meeting that cannot be interrupted, please do not park in the loading dock. Sign your car in at the front desk. Please park there only when you are in the building and can be reached to move your car. The area is locked at closing time.