Friends Center seeks to provide a place for worship and business that is friendly, courteous, and expresses the core value of the Religious Society of Friends that there is that of God in every person. We ask those who use our space to treat one another and the physical space with reverence and respect. We also ask those who use the space to be mindful of the human impact on the natural environment and to take care to minimize their use of energy, water, and other resources.
Below is a listing of some specific expectations that follow from the paragraph above. It is not an exhaustive listing, but a suggestive one:
RESPECT FOR PERSONS
- Treat all persons with respect without regard to job title, age, gender, race, sexual orientation or any other way.
- Please be mindful of the childcare center on site and be attentive to the safety of the children.
- Remember that we have an open office plan and minimize voices and other sounds when you are in a workspace. Also, please be respectful of the possessions of others in open workstations and kitchenettes.
- Be considerate of the front desk staff.
- Friends Center’s staff is here to help you. Recognize that they may not always be able to provide the help, answer, or other person that you are seeking in the moment. Please trust that they are working in good faith to assist you and be patient.
- Exit the building before the posted closing time for that day (usually 10:00 pm Monday through Friday and 5:00 pm Saturday and Sunday).
- Be prepared for your events in Friends Center’s meeting and conference space. Let Friends Center event staff know your room setup and AV needs well in advance, preferably at least two business days before.
RESPECT FOR THE FACILITY
- For the well being of all, smoking is not permitted in Friends Center buildings, on Friends Center grounds, or within 20 feet of windows and doors into Friends Center.
- Alcohol, illegal drugs, and weapons are not permitted in the building.
- When using the meeting and conference rooms, kitchens, restrooms, shower room, or other common space, please leave it clean and orderly for the next users.
- Bicycles and other equipment are to be stored only in designated spaces.
- If you observe a condition which appears unsafe or requires repair, please report it to the front desk.
- When you are notified that a package has been delivered for you, please pick it up promptly from the front lobby.
- The loading area is only for pickup and dropoff during the business day. If you need to leave your vehicle unattended briefly, please let the front desk staff know.
- Parking is permitted only outside regular business hours (after 5:00 pm and on weekends). This is a cooperative endeavor and requires that we be attentive to the needs of others.
- Pull your car forward in the parking area so as to make room for other cars.
- Do not park at the top blocking parking spaces below.
- You must sign your car in at the front desk.
- Understand that you may be asked to move your car to let someone else out. If you cannot be interrupted in your meeting or event, then do not park in the loading area.
- Park there only when you are in the building and can be reached to move your car. Do not leave the property while your car is in the loading area.
- The loading area is locked at closing time.
Approved by the Friends Center Board 9/2010; 5/2016; 3/2020